Monday, October 13, 2008

Rock The Vote


This game is called, "Who Should I Vote For?" It is very simple. I'll give you my top 3 election issues, and where I stand on each of them. Your mission, if you choose to accept, is to find a presidential candidate who fits my bill. I'm counting on you.

LIFE

I believe life begins in the womb. To be exact, I believe it begins 18-21 days after conception. This is when the heart begins to beat. And when you have a beating heart, you have blood.
For the life of the flesh is in the blood. Lev 17:11
For it is the life of all flesh. Its blood sustains its life. Lev 17:14
So I want a candidate who chooses life.
This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live. Deut. 30:19
I also want a candidate who will overturn Roe v. Wade. Because most abortions are in the name of convenience, they are flat out murder.
Whoever sheds the blood of a human, by humans his blood will be shed, because in the image of God, God made humans. Gen 9:6
All scripture is inspired by God. However, the punctuations are NOT. In the original Hebrew texts, there are no punctuations. In fact, in certain passages, there are NO spaces. The punctuations were added later, because they were necessary for translation. Though the English language is conceptually rich, it is not spiritually rich.

There is an axiom in Hebrew study, that if you can punctuate a verse in scripture in more than one way, then all of those ways are valid. So if a punctuation can change the meaning, then it is accepted that all meanings are applicable and intended. This is what makes the Hebrew language spiritually rich. It allows for the coding and compression of information into a finite text.

There are two ways to punctuate Genesis 9:6, in Hebrew. And by changing the punctuation, you get the following English translation.
Whoever sheds the blood of a human inside of a human, his blood will be shed, because in the image of God, God made humans. Gen 9:6
FAMILY

I believe a family starts with a man and a woman.
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. Gen. 1:27
As for you, be fruitful and increase in number; multiply on the earth and increase upon it. Gen. 9:7
Do not practice homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman. It is a detestable sin. Lev 18:22
I want a President who supports the family and will hold the public school system accountable for Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic. I don't need a diversity curriculum that attempts to bring balance to my Christian parenting. If I think it's important for my kid to know why "Heather Has Two Mommies", I'll run point on that one.

FREEDOM

I believe Jesus IS the only way to God. I'm not the only one who believes it. In fact, let me quote the bigoted author myself.
Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. John 14:6
I want a President who supports free speech. I want someone who will uphold my right to quote Jesus ANYTIME I want. I have a mandate from God, and I want to do my part, without being labeled a hater.
Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19
I support free speech, not fair speech. I want a President who opposes the "Fairness Doctrine". When you "force" fairness, you forfeit freedom. And you insult my intelligence by concluding I'm too stupid to change the radio station.

If you don't agree with the Bible, then "man up" and stand by your decision. Don't take an offense, where one wasn't given.

I know what you're thinking. There are dozens of important issues, and THESE are your top 3? Yes, they are my top 3 because I believe they are elementary. Something tells me, George Washington didn't have to go on the record for these.

No comments: