Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Rest Area

A good friend of mine mentioned that my posts were becoming increasingly "preachy" and long. Because I love him so much, I'll give him a break and allow him to catch up. I admit, there was a definite theme with the last 10 or so posts, but that's where I was. That's why it's titled, "My Journey - Witness God lead, drag, and by gun point, take me into his perfect will."

Being a Christian isn't about always appreciating the scenery, or choosing the pitstops. That's what separates Christianity from all the religions of the world. All of them say do this, don't do that, or turn here, and if you're lucky you'll arrive in heaven's parking lot. Christianity is about handing over the car keys. Firstly, because there's only one person who knows how to get there. We are born clueless to our purpose and have no idea how to navigate a weekend, much less navigate into eternity. Secondly, we're too drunk with life's problems to be able to steer. Talking on a cell phone while driving is dangerous enough. Most of us go through life talking on multiple cell phones. We have a work phone, a family phone, a church phone, a sick grandmother phone, and a ADD child phone. But we start the car everyday and think we can juggle it all and STILL find out our destiny. I never know where I'll end up, but I'm at peace knowing that when I get there, I'm in HIS will, and I'm on His itinerary.

There's an old Buddhist proverb that says, "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear." For the past few months, that has truly been the case. It's amazing what can happen in your life, in just a short time, if you quit watching the news. I became so disillusioned with current events and politics, that I decided to stay away from it. Of course, I did feed the beast a little snack every now and then with a few evenly spaced Facebook quips. But for the most part, I've stayed away from what has become to me, a cartoon. By not dwelling on Obama, Middle East drama, and economic trauma, I made myself ready. And when I settled down, God showed up with a fresh supply of peace, tranquility, hope, and joy.

Hand over your keys, all who are too drunk, busy, and ignorant to drive, and I will let you nap in the back. You're gonna need your rest when I wake you up at the next stop. Matthew 11:28 ( New International Truck Drivers Version) (ok it's mine)

1 comment:

†HolyW.A.R.777†™© said...

good advice. i have been letting some of that drama get to me lately. a well needed word. thanks cuz.