Thursday, July 9, 2009

Whites know better?!


In Ohio, six people were attacked by a group of 50 teenage boys during a Fourth of July celebration. The Marshalls, said the crowd of teens assaulted them while watching fireworks outside a friend's home.
"My thing is,'' Marshall said, ''I didn't want this, but I was in fear for my wife, my kids and my friends. I felt I had to stay out there to protect them, because those guys were just jumping, swinging fists and everything.

''I'm lucky. They didn't break my ribs or bruise my ribs. I thank God, they concentrated on my thick head because I do have one. They were trying to take my head off my spine, basically.''
Marshall suffered a concussion and multiple bruises to his head and had to spend five nights in the hospital at Akron General Medical Center.

Before I forget, I need to mention this family was attacked by a group of all black teenagers. Why bring it up? Because the attackers wanted you to know. During the attack, the black crowd shouted "This is our world" and "This is a black world". So are police calling it a hate crime? Absolutely not, the victims were all white.

In the real world, a hate crime would occur when a perpetrator targets a victim because of his/her membership in a certain religious, racial, or sexual group. But in our alternate universe, located deep within a rabbit hole in time and space, a hate crime victim CAN'T be white. You see, a hate crime is only a crime when it is against one of our "pet" groups. Whites can only hate blacks. Breeders can only hate gays. Christians can only hate Muslims.

First of all, hate crime laws are stupid. We already have laws against assault, vandalism, murder, etc. The only reason to insert hate into existing laws is to give the government room to enforce what people THINK. We have laws to keep people from using sticks and stones to break your bones. But now we need to have laws to make sure their words don't hurt your feelings.

Secondly, hate laws are extremely offensive. If I were black, I would be outraged over the double-standard. For the Akron police department to not classify the attack as a hate crime is clearly racist. Does the Akron police department expect MORE of its white population than it's black? Is white on black crime way more serious than black on white?

Since the attackers shouted "This is a black world", perhaps the police assumed this was normal behavior. Maybe they thought no civilized "white" gang would do such a thing. And if they did, they would be charged with a hate crime because white people aren't supposed to act like that.

Come on "white" Ohio, you should know better than that.

No comments: